Star Wars: The Last Jedi was released on March 13, 2018 in HD and 4K Ultra HD via Disney’s Movies Anywhere. As we usher in the new era of digital media consumption, we can expect movie studios like Disney to offer blockbuster movies in all channels with special editions to entice you to spend your hard working money.
The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, and Blu-ray / DVD / Digital disc versions were released on March 27th, two weeks after the digital only release. As a digital only exclusive, you can experience the dramatic score-only version of the movie. This also available when you purchase the physical disc version and redeem a code for your digital copy.
For the Blu Ray edition, you over 2 hours worth of bonus features.
- The Director and the Jedi: Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force: Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark
- Snoke and Mirrors
- Showdown on Crait
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only): Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- 14 Deleted Scenes: With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary: View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
The Target exclusive edition includes a Blu-ray + DVD + Digital copy, a 40-page booklet that includes an inside, behind-the-scenes look at the making of Star Wars: The Last Jedi with exclusive images, facts and personal insights from writer/director Rian Johnson. You also receive an exclusive featurette “eet the Porgs” about the making of the lovable characters.
Best Buy Exclusive
The Best Buy exclusive edition comes in a steelbook along with Blu-ray + DVD + Digital copy versions. The 4K edition comes with 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and a Digital copy.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is written and directed by Rian Johnson (Brick, Looper) and continues the storylines introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, welcoming back cast members Mark Hamill, the late Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Lupita Nyong’o, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis. New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi In-Home Trailer (Official)