If you want to reset Yamaha receiver to factory settings, here are the steps to follow. Remember, this will erase all settings and return the receiver to its original factory settings. The reset procedure can only be done on the front panel of the receiver only.
- Set the unit to stand-by first by turning it off.
- While holding down the Straight button, press the Power button. You will see ADVANCED SETUP on the display.
- Press the Right Program Arrow button repeatedly until INIT-CANCEL comes up.
- Press the Straight Button repeatedly until INIT-ALL comes up.
- Turn the receiver off and then back on. Now the receiver has reset.
Watch video as this process works for all Yamaha receiver units: